If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You can use canola or vegetable oil if you don’t like the olive oil flavor, milk or dark chocolate chunks if white chocolate isn’t your thing, and sub in cinnamon or orange zest for the sumac (or leave it out entirely). You can top it with ice cream or whipped cream, or strawberries and a drizzle of tahini. The beauty of the mug cake is that it can be anything you want it to be, your wildest dessert fantasy come true—all in just five minutes —Joanna Sciarrino
Makes 1 cake
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chunks
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- In a mug, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, sumac, and salt. Add the egg and the olive oil and mix until completely blended. Stir in the white chocolate chunks. Microwave for 60–90 seconds, or until your desired doneness. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if you have.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!