If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ginger, turmeric, cayenne, and black pepper make this smoothie perfect for those days when your body doesn't feel, well, perfect. Feel free to swap up the nut butter—cashew would also be lovely—or use all almond or all coconut milk. —Emma Laperruque
Food52 Review: Featured in: Smooth the Morning Rush with Smoothie Kits —The Editors
Makes 1 smoothie
- 1 banana, chopped
- Big spoonful almond butter
- Pinky's worth fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Thumb's worth fresh turmeric, peeled and chopped
- Several grinds fresh black pepper
- Pinch ground cayenne
- 1/2 cup almond milk, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, plus more as needed
- Combine the banana, almond butter, ginger, turmeric, and spices in a small plastic bag. Freeze for at least 8 hours or up to several weeks.
- When you're smoothie-ready, add the almond milk to the blender, then the smoothie kit. Pulse until as smooth as possible, scraping every so often. Add the coconut milk and blend until smooth, supplementing with more of either milk if necessary.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!