If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is mildly adapted from the one published here: https://www.ibreatheimhungry...
I am not a fan of coconut, so that ingredient was out. A full cup of sweetener is too sweet for me. I wanted to capitalize on the fresh lime I was going to use (and so reserved some lemon juice to add at the end). But I did like the idea of some substance on the top, so I went with chopped pecans. I zested and juiced 3 limes for this.
tablespoons butter, melted
cups almond flour
cups coconut flour
cups sweeter (granulated Swerve)
cup sweeter (granulated Swerve)
cups fresh lime juice (with pulp)
cups lime zest
teaspoons xantham gum
tablespoon unflavored gelatin
cups chopped pecans
- preheat oven to 350F
- line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment
- combine all of the dry crust ingredients in a bowl
- add in the melted butter and mix to form a crumbly dough
- press the dough into the baking dish evenly
- bake for 10 minutes
- remove and cool; make the filling next
- melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat
- remove and stir in the sweetener, lime juice, and zest
- add the yolks, all at once, wisk/stir to combine well
- cook over low heat , stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens
- remove and strain into a small bowl
- combine the gelatin with some lime juice and mix until smooth
- combine the gelatin mix with the xantham gum and immediately to the egg mixture
- stir well over low heat to combine for a few minutes
- pour the filling mixture over the crust
- bake at 350F for 10 minutes, top with remaining zest, nuts, and drizzle with remaining lime juice (ca. 1/3 c)
- bake for another 10 minutes
- remove and cool for 30-45 minutes
- lift from dish and cut into bars
- wrap individually in plastic wrap, store together in an airtight container