If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of our "go to" breakfasts and a tasty way to use leftover proteins. We often sub chopped steak, kielbasa, corned beef, or Italian sausage for the bacon. It's important, however, to cook at least two slices of bacon to render the grease that makes the hash browns so flavorful. When I make this, I cook the eggs per my recipe. My wife likes to poach the eggs in a separate pan and place them on top. We have often debated which method is best. She loves poached eggs and accuses me of tasteless masculinity. I adhere to the "less dirty dishes, the better" philosophy. Do as you will. —MTDavids
- 6 Bacon slices
- 3 cups frozen hash browns
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar (or your favorite) cheese
- ketchup or hot sauce (optional topping)
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove, crumble, and set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from skillet. Add potatoes, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until potatoes are browned and crispy.
- Make 2 wells in the mixture and break one egg into each well. Cover and cook over low heat until eggs are set to desired doneness. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese and cover with a lid. Cook until cheese is melted. Serve with optional hot sauce or ketchup on the side.
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch