If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fried and crispy falafel balls made from scratch using dry chick peas, onions, garlic, and spices. Delicious wrapped in pita bread with homemade whipped feta cream sauce. —Dash of Amy
- 16 ounces dry chick peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash onion & herb
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 30-40 ounces grapeseed oil, or other frying oil
- Place strained chick peas in food processor and blend on high.
- Remove 1/2 cup ground chick peas to make room for other ingredients.
- Add other ingredients and blend on high again, take the lid off and scrape ingredients down several times.
- Mix on high until well blended (this may take a few times of mixing), transfer to a large bowl, and mix again with a spoon.
- Grab a spoonful of the mixture and roll into small balls; place on a plate.
- Heat grape seed oil in a heavy pot, or deep fryer until hot (375 degrees) and starting to bubble.
- Place falafel balls into the oil, and after a minute scrape gently if they are stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Fry until brown and crispy, turning them in the oil if necessary. It can take up to 15 minutes on the first batch. You may have to do 2-3 batches.
Whipped Feta Dip
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Blend first 3 ingredients on high in a food processor until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until creamy, scraping down if necessary.
- Transfer to a small bowl, drizzle top with olive oil and light sprinkling of parsley (fresh if you have it).