If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A flavorful soup cooks up in just minutes. Small pasta and chick peas in a tomato broth with garlic and fresh basil. —Dash of Amy
- 15 ounces stewed tomatoes, blended
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 15 ounces canned chick peas, rinsed & drained
- 10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
- Place tomatoes, broth, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic in a soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add the pasta and cook for about 5 minutes, mixing often.
- Add chick peas and fresh basil, cook 2-3 more minutes, making sure not to over cook the pasta.
- Serve hot and top with fresh Parmesan cheese.