Author Notes: For Thanksgiving I like to have a dessert that can be made ahead of time. We have many chocolate lovers in our family, so this has been a big hit. —habudingo
cups Heavy cream
tablespoons Unsalted butter
pound Bittersweet chocolate, chopped
cup toasted hazelnuts (then ground)
teaspoon Vanilla extract
In This Recipe
- Line a 7½ x 3½ x 2¼ loaf pan with plastic wrap, smoothing it out as much as possible.
- Bring cream and butter to a simmer in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Reduce to low and add the chocolate. Stir until smooth and shiny. Remove from heat and stir in the ground toasted hazelnuts and the extract.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Chill, covered, overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator immediately before slicing thinly, using a hot, wet, knife. Plate immediately before the pâté has a chance to soften.
- Can be served alone or with a Raspberry Sauce or Crème Anglaise.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert