If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: According to me cilantro chutney is the most versatile condiment known to mankind. Super easy to make and with latitude to switch ingredients, cilantro chutney lasts easily for a week to ten days. —Annada Rathi
Makes 1 cup
- 2 cups roughly chopped cilantro, about 1 bunch
- 1-3 thai chile peppers
- 1 medium clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup unroasted, unsalted peanuts
- 5 teaspoons lime juice
- When you roughly chop cilantro, feel free to use the stems. Just discard the hard ends. I have given a wide range - 1-3 thai chile peppers - as I find them very varied in their heat level. So adapt according to your preference. And if you cannot stand any heat, do away with peppers.
- Throw all the ingredients in the blender and blend fine. Add couple of spoons of water to facilitate blending.
- Now go nuts in using this chutney. Spread a layer of cilantro chutney in your sandwich. Wake up a salad dressing with a dash of this chutney. Mix with plain yogurt and serve as a dip for crudites. Add a blob on crackers, place a piece of cheese and cherry tomato on top for a good-looking hors d'oeuvre.
More Great Recipes: