If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: JADE Sixty is an upscale restaurant on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, offering traditional steakhouse favorites alongside Asian delicacies. The swanky new spot is helmed by restauranteurs Stratis Morfogen and Franco Moscato, with renowned chefs Skinny Mei and Albert Diaz in the kitchen. One of JADE Sixty’s signature dishes, the Crispy Sweet Chicken, can be made at home now using the simplified shopping list and ingredients below. Of course if you’re in New York City, you should stop by to check out the real deal instead! —Staff Writer
Serves 1 to 2
- 2 pounds Diced Chicken Breast
- 2 teaspoons Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons Soybean Oil
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Chili Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Chopped Garlic
- Chinese Spices
- In a large bowl, coat the diced chicken evenly and powder it with 2 tbsp. corn starch to give the chicken a crispy texture.
- For the sweet sauce: Mix together 1 tbsp. rice vinegar, 1 tbsp. chili oil, 1/4 tsp. chopped ginger, 1 tsp. chopped garlic and Chinese spices in a small bowl then set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp. soybean oil to a large pan with high flame wok, add diced chicken and heat saucepan on medium-high heat until the chicken turns to a light golden color.
- Boil the chicken with oil for 1 minute per side then reduce heat to low simmer.
- Stir the sauce continuously before pouring it over the chicken then cook on low heat until the onion smell is apparent.
- Simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes to reduce liquid and concentrate flavors until the sauce thickens.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, place it on top of white rice to create a great combination of sweet and savory.