If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pistachio Nuts are readily available in almost all the Middle Eastern Countries and they are most popular in Iran!They form a part of many beliefs and traditions and become a part of meals from a simple everyday fare to lavish weddings and common funeral rituals.There is almost no celebration or event which takes place without Pistachios.Here is a very simple yet absolutely delicious cake which can be made very quickly.These are one of those cakes where the quantity of powdered nuts is more than the quantity of flour and sugar.
NOTE – ANYONE ALLERGIC TO NUTS SHOULD NOT MAKE THIS RECIPE.PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING OUT ANY NUT RECIPE! —Amrita Iyer
For the cakes :
- 225 grams unsalted Pistachios
- 150 grams soft unsalted butter/odourless refined oil like sunflower,rice bran or any blended oils
- 120 grams powdered sugar
For the top :
- 2 tablespoons jam (Apricot.Grape or mixed fruit give perfect results)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Pistachio nuts to decorate
- Preheat oven to 175°C.Coarsely chop 75 gms of the nuts and grind the rest into a fine powder.Beat the eggs well in a bowl and keep aside.
- Prepare a muffin pan by brushing it with oil or butter,sprinkling a little flour over it and sprinkling over with the coarsely powdered Pistachios.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes till a light golden brown on top.Take out and leave to cool for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve with tea or coffee or as a dessert with some yogurt and honey or a fruit compote.
More Great Recipes: