When the morning is busy but cooking is still an option, consider making blueberry ricotta muffins. These mildly sweet freshly baked little cakes will take roughly 10 minutes of your kitchen time and go so well with a cup of morning coffee or tea. The sweetness comes from a few spoons of maple syrup and fresh blueberries. Semolina, used instead of regular flour, gives somewhat grainy texture to a muffin. Add delicate ricotta, a spoon of lemon zest, top it with a sour lemon slice dipped in maple syrup and let a great day begin. —exploredough
1. Preheat oven to 360 F.
2. Using an electric mixer or a whisk beat the eggs until slightly foamy (1-3 minutes).
3. Add ricotta, 4 tablespoons of maple syrup, baking powder,1 teaspoon of grated lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and semolina. Mix.
4. Cut the cold butter into little tiny chunks and mix them into the muffin batter.
5. Add fresh blueberries and mix.
6. Pour the muffin batter into the muffin-shaped baking dish.
7. Dip 4 thin round lemon slices into the maple syrup and place them on top of the muffins.
8. Bake the muffins for 30-35 minutes.
9. Take the muffins out and let them cool down for a few minutes.
Enjoy your breakfast!