If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious Reuben sandwich from scratch! Start with homemade thousand island dressing, Swiss cheese, stacked corned beef, and sauerkraut inside Pumpernickel bread, then grilled to perfection. —Dash of Amy
Serves 1 sandwich
Thousand Island Dressing
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 kosher dill sandwich stuffer pickles
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 4-6 slices corned beef (per sandwich)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons Sauerkraut
- 2 slices Pumpernickel bread
- 1-2 teaspoons butter for grilling
- For the sauce, place the onions, pickles, and garlic in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add the other sauce ingredients; mix well.
- Heat a skillet and place a piece of bread butter side down in the pan.
- Spread with dressing, then top with a slice of cheese, corned beef, another slice of cheese, and Sauerkraut.
- Place other piece of bread butter side up on the sandwich.
- Grill over medium-low heat on each side until golden, and cheese is melted.