If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A scotch Manhattan is known as a Rob Roy, and balances the pleasantly smoky spirit with just enough sweet vermouth. For an interesting variation, try New Orleans-style bitters, which are bright red and with a hint of anise. —Carey Jones
Food52 Review: This recipe will be featured in the story 3 Riffs on the Manhattan, the Classiest of Classic Cocktails, sponsored by Johnnie Walker. JOHNNIE WALKER RED LABEL Blended Scotch Whisky. 40% Alc/Vol. Imported by Diageo, Norwalk, CT. —The Editors
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1.25 ounces Johnnie Walker Red Label scotch
- 0.5 ounces sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Lemon twist, for garnish
- Brandied or maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Combine ingredients in mixing glass with ice and stir until well-chilled. Strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with a large lemon twist and a brandied cherry.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!