If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dairy-free, decadent, and sweetened with honey and bananas, this breakfast bread turns heads with an extra-sassy addition of dark chocolate and creamy marzipan. —Rachel Heffington
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ripe, mashed bananas (app. 2 large)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped marzipan
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. and grease a 9x5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix together oil, maple syrup, eggs, and banana. In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients except chocolate and marzipan.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix quickly and well. Toss in chocolate and marzipan and gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired. Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto wire rack and cool completely. Chill if desired, or enjoy immediately.