Author Notes: I created this recipe as a fun alternative to traditional pumpkin pie.This time of year, Jell-O comes out with a seasonal pumpkin spice pudding flavor and I have found it delightful to use in dessert recipes. If you cannot find it at the grocery store, you can use instant vanilla pudding and add 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice for each package. —Angela Morgan
pound gingersnap cookies
cup cream cheese
cups Cool Whip whipped topping
cup confectioner's sugar
packet Jell-O Instant Pumpkin Pudding
- Place cookies in sandwich bag and use rolling pin to crush the cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine crushed cookies and butter together until moistened and press into bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and confectioner's sugar with mixer for one minute.
- Fold in 1 cup of Cool-Whip and mix until well-blended. Reserve remaining Cool-Whip for top layer.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over cooled crust until mixture covers crust entirely.
- In separate mixing bowl, add pudding mix and milk. Stir or mix with hand mixer until thickened.
- Pour over cream cheese layer, covering cream cheese layer completely.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip in container.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert