If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Why not? —anka
Makes: 6 crispy latkes
green bananas, peeled and grated (230g/about 8 ounces after peeling)
egg lightly beaten
Spiced applesauce, (applesauce mixed with Adobo sauce)
- When peeling green bananas oil your hands or were gloves to prevent staining of your hands.
- Peel with a knife like you would peel potatoes; make sure you get all the peels off.
- Keep peeled bananas in a bowl with water.
- Grate bananas on large holes of a box grater.
- Put grated bananas in a mixing bowl add egg and salt. Mix until blended.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, using lightly oiled ¼ measuring cup measure banana mixture and place into a frying pan; flatten slightly with a back of a measuring cup.
- Make 3 latkes at a tame.
- Fry 3 minutes on each side or until lightly brown and drain on paper towel.
- Repeat procedure.
- Serve with spiced applesauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains