Author Notes: Why not? —anka
Makes: 6 crispy latkes
green bananas, peeled and grated (230g/about 8 ounces after peeling)
egg lightly beaten
Spiced applesauce, (applesauce mixed with Adobo sauce)
In This Recipe
- When peeling green bananas oil your hands or were gloves to prevent staining of your hands.
- Peel with a knife like you would peel potatoes; make sure you get all the peels off.
- Keep peeled bananas in a bowl with water.
- Grate bananas on large holes of a box grater.
- Put grated bananas in a mixing bowl add egg and salt. Mix until blended.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, using lightly oiled ¼ measuring cup measure banana mixture and place into a frying pan; flatten slightly with a back of a measuring cup.
- Make 3 latkes at a tame.
- Fry 3 minutes on each side or until lightly brown and drain on paper towel.
- Repeat procedure.
- Serve with spiced applesauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains