If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thanksgiving in the US is around the corner and we are all digging for new recipes and new ideas. I love cranberries and always looking for new things to make with them.
Not only are cranberries sweet, sour and bitter, but they are also very good for us.
Here is an excellent idea for cranberries. These bars are sweet, tart, colorful and delicious. Original recipe from December 2007 Sunset Magazine but with several adjustments. —Delishhh
Makes 24 bars
Cranberry and White Chocolate Streusel Bars
cup butter, softened and cut into bits
set of Cranberry filling from 8 oz fresh cranberries (recipe below)
cup chopped walnuts
cup white chocolate chips
ounces (2 ½ cups) fresh cranberries
- Preheat over to 350F. Butter a 7×11 inch pan.
- Prepare the cranberry filling first. - In a medium sized saucepan, place all the ingredients. Then, over medium-high heat, cook the ingredients until boiling. Continue to boil the filling until it becomes thick and syrup, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool while you make the shortbread.
- In a food processor, mix flour, oats and sugar 10 seconds.
- Add 1 cup butter; mix until mixture forms a ball.
- Set aside ½ cup of mixture.
- Mix in yolks.
- Press yolk mixture into pay. Spread with cranberry filling. Sprinkle walnuts and chocolate chips, then press into dough. Form pea-sizes crumbs with reserved dough mixture, sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350F until topping is pale gold, about 45 minutes. Cool on rack and cut into 24 bars.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert