If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is inspired by Rachel Laudan's linguiça recipe in "The Food of Paradise." To make a classic Hawaiian breakfast plate, pile desired number of sausage rounds onto a plate with rice and eggs your way. —Ligaya Malones
Makes: 2 pounds sausage
pounds pork butt, about ⅔ lean to ⅓ fat
tablespoon distilled white vinegar
pieces garlic, finely chopped
pieces dried red chile peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
teaspoons ground black pepper
- Chop half the pork into ¼-inch pieces and grind the remainder coarsely in the food processor.
- Combine in a bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 2 days, turning occasionally.
- Form into small patties and fry until brown.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!