Author Notes: I've may have gilded the lily, but this addition of a chocolate ganache layer should almost be illegal, it's so decadently delicious. —Christina @ Christina's Cucina
homemade pie crust, slightly sweetened
large, ripe bananas, sliced into rounds
teaspoon lemon juice
ounces can of caramel sweetened, condensed milk or dulce de leche
cup good quality dark chocolate
cups heavy whipping cream
- Toss the banana slice with the lemon juice then arrange over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour the caramel condensed milk or dulce de leche over the bananas.
- Next, pour the ganache over the top of the caramel. Refrigerate for at least an hour or two.
- Meanwhile, whip the remaining 1 1/2 cups cream (do not add sugar). Pipe onto perimeter of the ganache on the chilled pie, leaving the center open to show off the shiny, mirror-like ganache. Decorate the cream with chocolate curls or sprinkles if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains