This is a recipe that my mother has been making since the 60s. It most likely came from a women's magazine of the day (like Woman's Day or Family Circle). It is by far the best banana bread I've ever had - moist, perfect banana flavor, turns out every time & couldn't be easier. You or your people not fans of cardamom? Leave it out! Likewise on the cinnamon. Next time you have a few brown bananas, treat yourself to a warm loaf of banana-goodness with this quick bread. It's guaranteed to put a smile on your face, warmth in your tummy & is the best way to start any day! —J C French
- Makes 1 Loaf
Sifted all purpose flour
Whole wheat flour
Avocado oil, or your favorite flavorless vegetable oil
VERY ripe bananas, peeled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 5x9 loaf pan & line with parchment or waxed paper.
- Sift dry ingredients into large bowl.
- Combine eggs, oil & bananas in blender. Blend until very smooth. Alternatively, mash bananas well by hand & combine with beaten eggs & oil.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients; batter will be a little lumpy. Resist the urge to stir too much!
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into middle of loaf comes out clean.
- Remove bread from pan & let cool at least 10 minutes before slicing.