If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe that my mother has been making since the 60s. It most likely came from a women's magazine of the day (like Woman's Day or Family Circle). It is by far the best banana bread I've ever had - moist, perfect banana flavor, turns out every time & couldn't be easier. You or your people not fans of cardamom? Leave it out! Likewise on the cinnamon. Next time you have a few brown bananas, treat yourself to a warm loaf of banana-goodness with this quick bread. It's guaranteed to put a smile on your face, warmth in your tummy & is the best way to start any day! —J C French
Makes 1 loaf
cups Sifted all purpose flour
cup Whole wheat flour
cup Granulated sugar
teaspoon Baking soda
cup Avocado oil, or your favorite flavorless vegetable oil
VERY ripe bananas, peeled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 5x9 loaf pan & line with parchment or waxed paper.
- Sift dry ingredients into large bowl.
- Combine eggs, oil & bananas in blender. Blend until very smooth. Alternatively, mash bananas well by hand & combine with beaten eggs & oil.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients; batter will be a little lumpy. Resist the urge to stir too much!
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into middle of loaf comes out clean.
- Remove bread from pan & let cool at least 10 minutes before slicing.