If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A pancake by another name., this Goan dessert is my go-to recipe for those ripe bananas —nykavi
Very ripe Bananas
tablespoons AP Flour
Butter or Canola Oil as needed
- Peel and mash bananas in a bowl till somewhat lumpy. Use a fork for best texture.
- Add egg,milk, sugar, flour and salt to bananas. Whisk with the fork till you have a thick batter.
- Heat butter or oil in a nonstick saucepan till it shimmers.
- Drop two tablespoon of batter for each fritter. Fry 3-4 pancakes at a time. Allow fritters to brown on one side, 2-3minutes, then flip and cook on the other side for a minute more.
- Keep pamcakes warm in a 300F oven while you finish making the rest of the pancakes.
- Enjoy them warm or if you must, dust with powdered sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains