Author Notes: A pancake by another name., this Goan dessert is my go-to recipe for those ripe bananas —nykavi
Very ripe Bananas
tablespoons AP Flour
Butter or Canola Oil as needed
In This Recipe
- Peel and mash bananas in a bowl till somewhat lumpy. Use a fork for best texture.
- Add egg,milk, sugar, flour and salt to bananas. Whisk with the fork till you have a thick batter.
- Heat butter or oil in a nonstick saucepan till it shimmers.
- Drop two tablespoon of batter for each fritter. Fry 3-4 pancakes at a time. Allow fritters to brown on one side, 2-3minutes, then flip and cook on the other side for a minute more.
- Keep pamcakes warm in a 300F oven while you finish making the rest of the pancakes.
- Enjoy them warm or if you must, dust with powdered sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains