If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You ' will go bananas' for this absolutely delicious and moist cake, full of banana flavor and topped with caramelized brown sugar and banana slices. It is a very easy recipe with ingredients that are always available in our kitchen pantry especially those ripe bananas resting on the kitchen counter.
Make sure you use bananas that are not too overripe for decoration, or else they won't retain their shape while getting caramelized and might end up mushy. —Jiya.A
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Medium Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cane/Caster Sugar
- 1/4 cup Softened Unsalted Butter
- 2 Ripe Banana mashed
- 2 Ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 20-25 Ripe banana slices(round)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon powder(optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- For Caramel Base-Melt the brown sugar and butter in a pan and pour onto the cake pan or you can use the same cake pan to melt sugar and butter by keeping in the pre-heated oven for about 3-5 mins.
- Once the caramel coated cake pan is cooled, carefully place even slices of bananas in a circular pattern over the caramel layer and keep the pan aside to set.(You can sprinkle some desiccated coconut too for a twist)
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients- flour, baking powder,cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the mashed bananas, eggs and sugar and once combined, add the milk and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry flour mixture and fold gently to combine well. Do not over mix!
- Now transfer the batter onto the top of the arranged banana slices in the pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once out of the oven, invert the cake pan onto a serving plate and you’ll see the caramelized banana slices on the top.
- Serve warm or once cooled along with whipped cream.
- Tip# Try to use a round cake pan and round banana slices for this recipe which adds beauty to this cake.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains