Author Notes: Forget the oven and cake mixers! These indulging brownies are easy to make and have a moist fudgy texture.
Made in Instant Pot Duo Mini(3 qt).
Use good quality dark chocolate for the rich color and goodness of antioxidants. —Jiya.A
cup All purpose flour
tablespoons Unsalted butter
cup Fine sugar
tablespoons Greek yogurt
teaspoon Soda Bicarb
ounces Lindt Dark Chocolate(78%)
Eggs(at room temp)
tablespoon Vanilla extract
tablespoon Unsweetned Cocoa powder
- Chop the chocolate bar into small pieces for quick melting.
- Heat some water in a saucepan and keep a glass bowl on top of it and melt chocolate and butter till it combines together with a glossy texture.
- Once the melted chocolate is cooled to room temp, combine with sugar using a whisk.
- Now mix in the yogurt and vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture.
- Once combined, beat in the eggs one at a time using the whisk.
- Now sift in the flour, cocoa, soda bicarb and salt into the bowl and gently fold into the batter.
- You will get a thick smooth batter. If you like to add chopped walnuts/chocolate chunks, now is the time to add. Note: Do not overmix which will result in hard brownies!
- Make foil strips to use as a sling to lift the cake tin out of IP.
- Using the foil sling lower the cake tin onto the trivet inside the IP.Keep the foil strips folded down to prevent contact with the lid.
- Close the IP lid and set ‘pressure cook’ mode for 25 minutes on high pressure.
- Once done, open the lid after the 10 min Natural Pressure Release(NPR).Check the doneness of the brownie using toothpick test. If not done keep for another 3 mins on pressure cooker setting and check again using Quick Pressure release.
- Keep the brownie to cool and then cut and serve just like that or top the brownie with a chocolate ganache and serve once cooled completely.
- Enjoy these brownies with a glass of cold milk!