If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A three layered ball of bliss. Firstly the crisp golden shell, then a beautiful soft donut layer then a slice of banana in the centre. Served with Toffee Sauce and ice cream, Yum! —Helen Goodman
cup Self Raising Flour
cup Plain Flour
cup Cold Beer
liter Oil for deep frying
tablespoons Icing Sugar
- Slice bananas into 1 cm slices and set aside.
- Sieve flour into mixing bowl, add sugar and cold beer. Gently mix until well combined.
- Heat oil in saucepan on medium heat. Drop a teaspoon of batter into oil. If it floats to the top, oil is ready for cooking.
- Using a skewer or fork, prick banana slice and dip into batter until banana well coated. Gently drop coated banana into oil, removing skewer / fork. Once batter is golden, flip over to cook on other side (about a minute on each side). Cook a few Banana Bombs at a time, however, don't over crowd saucepan.
- Once banana bomb is golden on both sides, remove from oil with slotted spoon and place on paper towel to absorb any residual oil.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
tablespoons Brown Sugar
tablespoons Thickened Cream
- Place butter and sugar in saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly until melted. Take off heat and stir in cream.
- Serve Banana Bombs warm with ice cream topped with warm Toffee Sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains
More Great Recipes: