If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've tested banana flour and prepared this roll stuffed with banana 🍌 It turned out kinda funny, because the banana inside collapsed a little, but I have an idea how to fix it. Just fill the hole with whipped cream or buttercream frosting, cheesecake filling, favorite nut spread or banana, pumpkin, sweet potato pureé and it will be even more delicious! Regardless, the rolls were amazing like this either, so a perfect treat as a dessert or an interesting switch of your traditional breakfast. —||Jar||
Makes: 1 roll
cup banana flour
tablespoons cream cheese
tablespoon butter, melted
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon cinnamon + more for filling
banana, for filling
- In a microwavable bowl, put in the cheddar and cream cheese. Melt in 30 s interval, stirr, until completely melted.
- Add banana flour to the mixture with the baking powder and cinnamon. Mix until smooth stickier batter forms. Put in microwave if needed to melt it more.
- Add the egg into the mixture and knead well. The batter has to be smooth with no clumps.
- Put it in the fridge for 15-30 minutes prevent it to be too sticky
- Roll the dough into a rectangle between two sheets of parchment paper. Place the whole banana on the dough lengthwise and sprinkle with more cinnamon.
- Roll the dough tightly around the banana with the joint pointing down. Lay it on a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake in the oven preheated on 180 °C for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the top.
- Let cool down and then slice into individual pieces.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains