I've adapted this recipe from taste.au (http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/classic-chewy-brownie/f0960a83-1fa9-4e3e-b616-a995182613e0) to be gluten-free, and I have also cut back on the sugar. The result is a deliciously moist brownie. —juwu_eats
- Makes 10 slices
Unsalted butter, chopped
75% cocoa chocolate, chopped
eggs, lightly beaten
gluten free flour (I use Schär bread mix)
high quality cocoa powder
bourbon vanilla gel
pinch of salt, pinch of cayenne
chopped nuts/chocolate chips
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I used a 1L loaf pan which is longer than normal (extra edges!)
- Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water). Stir until melted, and take off the heat.
- Mix in the beaten eggs, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt, cayenne until just combined.
- Add chopped nuts and fold to incorporate. Pour into prepared pan and top with some chocolate chips and chopped nuts if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Set aside to cool completely.