If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baked goods to do not have to be a guilty pleasure! When the right ingredients are selected, you can turn sweets into a delicious and nutritious snack option. Prana’s Kilimanjaro trail mix is a great way to spice up this gluten-free banana and coconut loaf – it combines almonds, cashews and walnuts with vegan chocolate chips (70% cacao), cranberries sweetened with apple juice and sultana raisins. The use of coconut palm sugar, coconut oil and grated coconut lends a delicious flavour and a long list of health benefits. —PRANA Organic
cups gluten-free all purpose flour
tablespoons baking soda
teaspoon sea salt
cup coconut surgar
cup coconut oil, plus some for greasing
cup homemade almond milk
tablespoon vanilla extract
cup PRANA organic Kilimanjaro deluxe chocolate mix
cup grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a baking dish with a bit of coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and oil. Add the bananas. Mix in the almond milk and vanilla, stirring until well combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Add the Kilimanjaro mix and coconut. Stir until just combined.
- Transfer mixture to the baking dish (should be three-quarters full).
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until cake is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let cool, slice and serve.