Author Notes: These are only slightly modified from the recipe posted at https://www.mypcoskitchen.com/low-carb-gluten-free-garlic-croutons/
I changed the amounts of almond flour and butter, eliminated the salt cuz that is what I do, and modified a bit on how they were prepared, because I like the big sized croutons. —Brian Coppola
Makes: 32 croutons
tablespoons almond flour
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoons oregano leaves
teaspoons coconut oil
tablespoon diced garlic paste in oil
teaspoon parsley leaves
teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- Add the almond flour, 1 tsp oregano, baking powder, and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Pour into a rectangular 4x6 inch glass pyrex dish (3 cup size).
- Microwave for 3 minutes. The bread should have at least doubled in height and be firm to the touch.
- Remove and cool slightly. Then turn out onto a cutting board.
- Combine the garlic, 1 tsp oregano, Italian seasoning and parsley with the butter. Microwave to a boil.
- Cut the bread into 32 pieces (4x8 slices). Transfer to a bowl and coat with the buttery mixture using a light folding motion so as not to break up the cubes.
- Lay the cubes out on a parchment covered pan, spray with EVOO and transfer into a 350F oven.
- After 10 minutes, remove the tray, turn over the cubes, spray again lightly with EVOO, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- After about 15 minutes, place the rack with the cubes into the still-warm oven to continue to crisp up the cubes.
- Remove the rack to the counter. Cool completely. Store the croutons in a tightly sealed container or zip-lock bag.