If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are only slightly modified from the recipe posted at https://www.mypcoskitchen...
I changed the amounts of almond flour and butter, eliminated the salt cuz that is what I do, and modified a bit on how they were prepared, because I like the big sized croutons. —Brian Coppola
Makes 32 croutons
tablespoons almond flour
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoons oregano leaves
teaspoons coconut oil
tablespoon diced garlic paste in oil
teaspoon parsley leaves
teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- Add the almond flour, 1 tsp oregano, baking powder, and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Pour into a rectangular 4x6 inch glass pyrex dish (3 cup size).
- Microwave for 3 minutes. The bread should have at least doubled in height and be firm to the touch.
- Remove and cool slightly. Then turn out onto a cutting board.
- Combine the garlic, 1 tsp oregano, Italian seasoning and parsley with the butter. Microwave to a boil.
- Cut the bread into 32 pieces (4x8 slices). Transfer to a bowl and coat with the buttery mixture using a light folding motion so as not to break up the cubes.
- Lay the cubes out on a parchment covered pan, spray with EVOO and transfer into a 350F oven.
- After 10 minutes, remove the tray, turn over the cubes, spray again lightly with EVOO, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- After about 15 minutes, place the rack with the cubes into the still-warm oven to continue to crisp up the cubes.
- Remove the rack to the counter. Cool completely. Store the croutons in a tightly sealed container or zip-lock bag.