If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From Avant-Garde Vegan Gaz Oakley’s Vegan 100 cookbook: “Polenta is an amazing source of calcium, magnesium, and fiber—and these ‘chips’ jazz up the rather bland flavor.”
Featured in: Easy, Herby Polenta “Fries” to Eat with Everything —Food52
Serves: 3 to 4
cups (400ml) vegetable stock
cup (150g) fine instant polenta
sea salt and pepper
tablespoons herbes de Provence (or to taste)
Zest of 1 lemon
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Line a 1-inch-deep, 8-inch square baking tray with greaseproof paper, leaving excess paper hanging over the sides.
- Pour the vegetable stock into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Whisk in the polenta and keep whisking for around 2 minutes, until the mixture starts to thicken. Once thickened, remove the pan from the heat, add the seasoning, herbs, and lemon zest and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking tray and smooth flat with a spatula, then let chill in the fridge to set for around 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and remove the polenta from the fridge. Lift the firm block of polenta out of the tray using the overhanging paper as handles. Cut the polenta into chunky chips, brush with the olive oil, scatter on a baking tray, then bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Season with salt and pepper, then serve straight away.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: