Author Notes: This recipe is very light on the sugar, so it's not too sweet. Adjust the sugar according to your taste. Desiccated coconut added on top to give a crunch on this bread. —cynthiagunawan
Makes: one 8.5" x 4.5" loaf
grams All Purpose Flour
grams Granulated Sugar
grams Baking Powder
grams Butter, melted
Eggs, room temperature
tablespoons Lemon Juice
cup Blueberries, fresh
tablespoons All Purpose Flour
Desiccated Coconut, sweetened / unsweetened
- Preheat oven 375 F. Grease & flour 8.5" x 4.5" loaf pan.
- Toss blueberries in 2 tbsp flour, set aside.
- Sift & mix together flour, baking powder, salt & lemon zest.
- In a mixing bowl, using paddle attachment, mix melted butter with granulated sugar, lemon juice and eggs.
- Alternately add in the milk and all purpose flour to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, and sprinkle desiccated coconut on top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Serve plain or with lemon glaze on top.