Author Notes: The Easiest cake, with simple ingredients, no mixer needed and hands on less than 15 minutes. Oranges, olive oil, Greek Yogurt. A healthy Mediterranean choice to please your kids sweet tooth and to perfume your house with the smells of orange and vanilla. —Kalli Kosta
grams olive oil
grams Greek strained yogurt
grams self-rising flour
grams granulated sugar
teaspoon vanilla extract
oranges (only the grated zest)
- Preheat oven to 180o C (350o F) Fan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the olive oil, the yogurt and the orange zest.
- Beat until all of the ingredients are combined and the yogurt is completely incorporated in the mixture. No mixer needed.
- Add the self-rising flour, the sugar and the vanilla extracts and mix with a spatula until you have a well-combined mixture.
- Grease and flour a cake or pan (10x20cm) and pour in the cake batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.