If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you love cookies, but want an even quicker fix, grab your skillet. This giant cookie can feed a crowd of six... or just one if you don't feel like sharing.
What you will need: 1 heavy-based 25 cm (10 inch) non-stick pan + 1 lid to fit | 1 whisk | 1 spatula or 1 large spoon
Excerpted with permission from Cookies in a Pan by Sabrina Fauda-Role, published by Hardie Grant Books April 2018. —Food52
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
cup (75 g /5 oz) plain (all-purpose) flour
teaspoon baking powder
cup (75 g /2 1/2 oz) ground almonds
cup (60 g /2 oz) sugar
cup (100 g /3 1/2 oz) salted butter
ounces (80 g) raspberries
tablespoons flaked almonds
- In the pan, toast the flaked almonds for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside on a plate.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, ground almonds and sugar. In the pan, melt the butter over a very low heat then, away from the heat, add the egg. Whisk vigorously.
- Over a very low heat, add the dry ingredients, then continue to stir with the whisk until you have an even texture.
- Smooth the surface and cook for 10 minutes, then press the raspberries into the dough and sprinkle the flaked almonds on top. Cover and cook for a further 5 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes with the lid on and away from the heat before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!