Author Notes: If you love cookies, but want an even quicker fix, grab your skillet. This giant cookie can feed a crowd of six... or just one if you don't feel like sharing.
What you will need: 1 heavy-based 25 cm (10 inch) non-stick pan + 1 lid to fit | 1 whisk | 1 spatula or 1 large spoon
Excerpted with permission from Cookies in a Pan by Sabrina Fauda-Role, published by Hardie Grant Books April 2018. —Food52
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
cup (75 g /5 oz) plain (all-purpose) flour
teaspoon baking powder
cup (75 g /2 1/2 oz) ground almonds
cup (60 g /2 oz) sugar
cup (100 g /3 1/2 oz) salted butter
ounces (80 g) raspberries
tablespoons flaked almonds
- In the pan, toast the flaked almonds for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside on a plate.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, ground almonds and sugar. In the pan, melt the butter over a very low heat then, away from the heat, add the egg. Whisk vigorously.
- Over a very low heat, add the dry ingredients, then continue to stir with the whisk until you have an even texture.
- Smooth the surface and cook for 10 minutes, then press the raspberries into the dough and sprinkle the flaked almonds on top. Cover and cook for a further 5 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes with the lid on and away from the heat before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!