Author Notes: My favorite combo - red berries and the scent of elderflower... —okruglica79
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hrs 10 min
bigger elderberry flowers
grams all-purpose flower
grams baking powder
tablespoons lemon juice/elderflower cordial
- An evening before, put the flowers into the bowl with buttermilk and leave it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, remove the flowers , sieve if necessary. Leave until needed.
- Wash and clean the strawberries and cut them into quarters. Sprinkle them with elderflower cordial or lemon juice.
- Mix egg yolks with sugar and butter to get a foamy mixture. Add buttermil and mix for a minute. Then add all the dry ingredients - flour, cornstarch and baking soda and mix to get a nice batter. In a separate bowl whip egg whites to get a fluffy texture. Now, add strawberries and egg whites into the batter. Stir gently to get a homogenous batter. Pour the batter into a silicone bundt cake mold (23 cm diameter).
- Bake for 50 minutes at 190°C. After 30 minutes cover with aluminum foil so it doesn't burn.
- Serve with a cup of cofee, tee or with a glass of elderflower cordial. Enjoy!