If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite combo - red berries and the scent of elderflower... —okruglica79
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hrs 10 min
bigger elderberry flowers
grams all-purpose flower
grams baking powder
tablespoons lemon juice/elderflower cordial
- An evening before, put the flowers into the bowl with buttermilk and leave it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, remove the flowers , sieve if necessary. Leave until needed.
- Wash and clean the strawberries and cut them into quarters. Sprinkle them with elderflower cordial or lemon juice.
- Mix egg yolks with sugar and butter to get a foamy mixture. Add buttermil and mix for a minute. Then add all the dry ingredients - flour, cornstarch and baking soda and mix to get a nice batter. In a separate bowl whip egg whites to get a fluffy texture. Now, add strawberries and egg whites into the batter. Stir gently to get a homogenous batter. Pour the batter into a silicone bundt cake mold (23 cm diameter).
- Bake for 50 minutes at 190°C. After 30 minutes cover with aluminum foil so it doesn't burn.
- Serve with a cup of cofee, tee or with a glass of elderflower cordial. Enjoy!