Author Notes: This marinade uses both the juice and zest of the lemon, and really packs a punch with grilled chicken. A simple recipe to keep in your back pocket for everyday grilling. —Rachel Phipps
Prep time: 2 hrs
Cook time: 15 min
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
tablespoon runny honey
zest and juice of 1 lemon
freshly ground black pepper
2 large chicken breasts
- Whisk together the olive oil, honey, lemon juice and zest, and a generous amount of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut the chicken into large chunks and add to the marinade. Set aside for at least two hours before cooking.
- If you're using wooden skewers on the grill, soak them in cold water for 20 minutes before threading on the chicken pieces to stop them catching fire if you're using a charcoal grill.
- Grill the chicken until it is tender and slightly charred, basting with any leftover marinate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilling Recipe