If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
32-ounce package frozen tots
tablespoon Szechuan peppercorns
teaspoons red pepper flakes
teaspoon dried garlic flakes
tablespoon sesame oil
Black sesame seeds, for garnish
Scallions, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven or tabletop fryer to package directions to cook your tots. While the tots cook, prepare the spice mixture.
- In an electric spice grinder, grind the Szechuan peppercorns, red pepper flakes, fried garlic flakes, and salt to a fine but not quite powdery mixture—something like sand. Set aside.
- To make the dipping sauce, mix together the mayonnaise and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Once the tots are cooked and still hot, place them into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle the spice mixture over the top, tossing well to coat. Place onto a plate and sprinkle black sesame seeds and scallions over top. Serve with dipping sauce on the side.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!