Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
32-ounce package frozen tots
tablespoon Szechuan peppercorns
teaspoons red pepper flakes
teaspoon dried garlic flakes
tablespoon sesame oil
Black sesame seeds, for garnish
Scallions, chopped, for garnish
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven or tabletop fryer to package directions to cook your tots. While the tots cook, prepare the spice mixture.
- In an electric spice grinder, grind the Szechuan peppercorns, red pepper flakes, fried garlic flakes, and salt to a fine but not quite powdery mixture—something like sand. Set aside.
- To make the dipping sauce, mix together the mayonnaise and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Once the tots are cooked and still hot, place them into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle the spice mixture over the top, tossing well to coat. Place onto a plate and sprinkle black sesame seeds and scallions over top. Serve with dipping sauce on the side.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!