Author Notes: A delicious "pizza like" pie made with homemade pizza dough, and topped with extra tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, and oregano. Perfect snack, and great for kids' lunches. —Dash of Amy
Prep time: 1 hrs 8 min
Cook time: 15 min
tablespoon olive oil
cups Ragu Traditional sauce
cups Parmesan, Romano, Asiago cheese blend (divided)
tablespoons butter, softened
- Place pizza dough ingredients in a stand mixer, turn to setting number 2, and allow to knead for 8 minutes.
- After the 8 minutes, take the dough out, shape it into a ball, and place it back in the mixing bowl after spraying it with some cooking spray.
- Let the dough rise for one hour.
- Using a paper towel coat an 11x17 baking pan with butter.
- Hold the dough up and allow it to stretch, then place it on the baking sheet and press it evenly to the edges of the pan using your hands.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of sauce over the dough in a light layer, and sprinkle with about 1-2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425* for 6 minutes.
- Pour about one cup more of sauce over the dough so it's pretty saucy.
- Sprinkle with 2-3 more tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, and oregano.
- Bake an additional 9 minutes. Tomato Pie can be enjoyed at room temperature.