Author Notes: With short list of ingredients, nutella is super easy to make at home. bonus- this recipe is dairy and gluten free! —Linda
Makes: 1 1/2 cups
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
cups raw hazelnuts
cup bittersweet chocolate
cup coconut sugar
tablespoons coconut oil
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet and place in oven. Roast for 12 minutes.
- While nuts are roasting, prepare double boiler. Place chocolate in bowl and let melt.
- Remove hazelnuts from oven. Let cool slightly, then place nuts in a kitchen towel. Rub to remove nut skins. Don’t sweat it if skins are not completely removed.
- place skinned hazelnuts in high speed blender or food processor. Process until you get hazelnut butter.
- Add chocolate, coconut sugar, coconut oil and salt to blender/food processor. Process until mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a container, or eat straight out of the blender. 🙂