Author Notes: roasting strawberries concentrates their flavor. This is perfect as an ice cream topping, on waffles, or right on the spoon! —Linda
Makes: 1 quart
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
cups sliced strawberries - keep whole or cut into quarters or halves to ensure uniform size
tablespoons maple syrup
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
pinch sea salt
- preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- place sliced strawberries in a small baking sheet or baking pan.
- add balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and a pinch of salt and toss gently right in the pan to coat.
- place in oven and roast for approx 30 minutes. The juices in the berries will release and the balsamic maple syrup will bubble and start to reduce.
- Let cool before using in other recipes