If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: And extra-virgin olive oil, orange zest, fine sea salt and ....but there's no need to write the entire, easy recipe in the headnotes.
You can get really fancy with this recipe using your flavoured extra virgin olive oil. It has to be a good one because they grassy flavours really work well.
Feel free to add grilled fruit or make up new combinations - coconut pound cake, toasted coconut, lime zest, grilled pineapple or papaya or peaches.... for instance. —Kitchen Butterfly
Serves: 9 - 10
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 40 min
Fine quality extravirgin olive oil
vanilla/ orange or lemon pound cake, cut into 2cm thick slices
Fine quality vanilla ice cream, just softened
orange or lemon
cup strawberries, quatered and macerated with caster sugar and a splash of orange or lemon liqueur
cup flaked almonds
55% + dark chocolate (optional)
- Heat up a grill pan. Add a tablespoon of extravirgin olive oil and brush to coat evenly. Add cake slices to the pan and grill on medium heat for a couple of minutes both sides. Take off the heat and set on plates.
- For each slice, grate a bit of orange zest and top with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream. Gently spread to cover the top of the cake.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and finely grate/ microplane orange or lemon. Top with strawberries and sprinkle on the flaked almonds. If you're really feeling wild, add some chocolate curls and get all fancy with a sprig or two of fresh mint
- Repeat....serve and enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilling Recipe