If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When we think of summer peaches are one of the flavors that comes to mind first. The honeyed flavor lends itself to both sweet and savory dishes so we've been getting creative with it. This recipe was created after having a peach and goat cheese salad at a local restaurant. We decided it would make a great sandwich and added the grilled lamb to up the flavor and springy flavor. —Ashley Robinson
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
large slices of sourdough bread, cut in half to create buns
tablespoons goat cheese
pound ground lamb
large ripe peach
tablespoon chopped fresh mint (about 3 leaves)
tablespoon lime juice
- Place the sliced bread on each plate and top one half of each "bun" with 1 Tbsp of goat cheese. Let this sit at room temp to soften so it is easy to spread on the bread.
- Heat grill or griddle over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray to reduce sticking.
- Slice the peach into 16 slices and place slices on the pre-heated grill. Grill, flipping as needed, until starting to get marks and soften -- about 2 minutes per side. When donek, remove from the grill and toss in a small bowl with chopped mint and lime juice to coat.
- Form the ground lamb into four thin patties and place on hot grill. Cook until done, about 4 minutes per side. These can be cooked along side the peaches.
- While the meat cooks spread the goat cheese on the sourdough bread.
- Top the cheese side of the bun with the cooked burger. Top the burger with peach mixture and the other half of the bread slice.
- This is great served with sweet potato wedges and a light summery cocktail.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilling Recipe