We had a bunch of leftover rhubarb after making bars, and I didn't want to waste it, so I made a cookie out of it. The cookies were an immediate hit. —Pat Zab
- Prep time 20 minutes
- Cook time 12 minutes
- Makes two dozen
In This Recipe
- In medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, oatmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In small bowl, mix together vegetable oil, egg white, and milk. Using whisk or stick blender, mix well.
- Pour wet mixture into bowl with dry ingredients, and mix until moist. Set aside.
- Continue heating and stirring the rhubarb mixture until the rhubarb has softened and the mixture looks like jam. Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- Using #70 disher, dollop batter onto cookie sheet. Using fingers that are lightly dipped in water, form a small hollow well in the middle of each cookie – about ¾” diameter and 1/8” deep.
- Using two spoons, add about 1 tsp of rhubarb to the hollow well in each cookie.
- Using wet fingers, take about 1 tsp of dough from bowl and form into a flat circle – about the size of a quarter. Place it on top of the rhubarb on each cookie. It’s okay if some of the rhubarb remains exposed.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 F – or until outer edges start to brown. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.