Author Notes: When baked at a low temperature, sliced zucchini transforms into lovely crisps that will cure your salty chip craving. Ground chipotle makes a tangy topping when paired with lime zest, but if you're not a spice lover, go for ground mild chili or paprika.
This recipe is from "Atkins: Eat Right, Not Less."
www.atkinseatrightnotless.com —Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hrs 10 min
Olive oil spray
teaspoon Lime zest, finely grated
teaspoon Ground chipotle
teaspoon Garlic salt
teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250F
- Using a Japanese mandoline, vegetable slicer, or large knife, slice the zucchini into 1/8-inch slices and transfer to a baking sheet
- Coat with a layer of olive oil spray on both sides
- Combine the lime zest, chipotle, garlic salt and pepper in a small bowl, mix well and sprinkle over the zucchini slices
- Set the slices on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, turning once
- Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet, then serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 days