If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When baked at a low temperature, sliced zucchini transforms into lovely crisps that will cure your salty chip craving. Ground chipotle makes a tangy topping when paired with lime zest, but if you're not a spice lover, go for ground mild chili or paprika.
This recipe is from "Atkins: Eat Right, Not Less."
www.atkinseatrightnotless... —Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hrs 10 min
Olive oil spray
teaspoon Lime zest, finely grated
teaspoon Ground chipotle
teaspoon Garlic salt
teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250F
- Using a Japanese mandoline, vegetable slicer, or large knife, slice the zucchini into 1/8-inch slices and transfer to a baking sheet
- Coat with a layer of olive oil spray on both sides
- Combine the lime zest, chipotle, garlic salt and pepper in a small bowl, mix well and sprinkle over the zucchini slices
- Set the slices on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, turning once
- Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet, then serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 days