If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fluffy and delicious sub rolls from scratch. Dough is made in a stand mixer, or bread maker, then cut into strips, buttered, and baked! —Dash of Amy
Prep time: 1 hrs 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
cup organic half and half
tablespoon olive oil
cup organic corn meal
tablespoons softened butter to spread on the top of the dough
- Place ingredients in a stand mixer (except the butter going on the top of rolls), turn to setting #2, and allow to knead for 8 minutes.
- Remove the dough, spray the mixing bowl with cooking spray, shape the dough into a neat ball, and place back in the bowl.
- Allow dough to rise for one hour.
- Sprinkle work area with corn meal, and pull dough out carefully and coat both sides with corn meal pressing it down.
- Cut into 7-8 strips and shape into sub rolls rounding the edges. Place on a baking sheet.
- Cut 3-4 diagonal slits in each roll. Let the dough rise another 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400* for 20 minutes.