If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eating this juicy summer fruit fresh off the rind isn't the only way to enjoy it! Grilled and made into a salad, this is watermelon like you have not had before! —Alexa Federico
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
3-4 lb watermelon
cup balsamic vinegar
teaspoon sea salt
tablespoons fresh mint
cup sunflower seeds
cup crumbled goat cheese
- Get your grill going on medium heat. Cut the watermelon in 1″ pieces (rind removed), like steaks. This will ensure they will hold up to the grill.
- Place on grill and let cook for 5-10 minutes a side. (Grill temps will vary!) Once you see grill marks, it is safe to flip.
- Slice the prosciutto and fresh mint into smaller pieces.
- Add the grilled watermelon to a bowl. Add the prosciutto, mint, sunflower seeds, and goat cheese.
- Add the lime juice, balsamic vinegar, and sea salt. Toss to coat. Serve warm, cold, or room temp.