Author Notes: Eating this juicy summer fruit fresh off the rind isn't the only way to enjoy it! Grilled and made into a salad, this is watermelon like you have not had before! —Alexa Federico
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
3-4 lb watermelon
cup balsamic vinegar
teaspoon sea salt
tablespoons fresh mint
cup sunflower seeds
cup crumbled goat cheese
- Get your grill going on medium heat. Cut the watermelon in 1″ pieces (rind removed), like steaks. This will ensure they will hold up to the grill.
- Place on grill and let cook for 5-10 minutes a side. (Grill temps will vary!) Once you see grill marks, it is safe to flip.
- Slice the prosciutto and fresh mint into smaller pieces.
- Add the grilled watermelon to a bowl. Add the prosciutto, mint, sunflower seeds, and goat cheese.
- Add the lime juice, balsamic vinegar, and sea salt. Toss to coat. Serve warm, cold, or room temp.