If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Based on a Serious Eats recipe, this potato salad showcases the variety of potato you use, so choose carefully! It's a little more work than just boiling, but the flavor payout is worth it. —Jim Kennedy
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
tablespoons kosher salt
tablespoons rice wine vinegar, divided
cup diced red onion
cup diced celery
scallions, sliced thinly
tablespoons whole grain mustard
To Taste: salt and pepper
- Peel and cut potatoes in 3/4 inch cubes.
- Place in large pot with 2 quarts cold water, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp salt and 2 tbsp rice vinegar. Bring to a boil over high heat, then simmer until just tender, approximately 12 minutes.
- Drain and spread out on rimmed baking sheet in single layer. Sprinkle with 3 tbsp of rice vinegar. Let cool on counter for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl place 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, red onion, celery and scallions. Mix thoroughly.
- Add potatoes. Coat with sauce, season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.