If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One bite and you'll be hooked! Slow cooked tender stew meat shredded, and then topped with smoked Gouda cheese melted under the broiler. Homemade Au Jus sauce is the finishing touch to these amazing sandwiches. —Dash of Amy
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 6 hrs 10 min
pounds stew meat
ounces beef broth
tablespoon olive oil
teaspoons salt (divided)
teaspoon Mrs. Dash onion & herb
teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
tablespoons soy sauce
tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
sub rolls (homemade recipe at www.dashofamy.com
Sliced smoked Gouda cheese
- Place stew meat, broth, olive oil, 1 tsp salt, and seasonings in a crock pot, mix well, and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Once the meat is cooked, use a slotted spoon and transfer it to a plate.
- Use two forks and shred the meat.
- Strain the broth into a medium saucepan using a fine, mesh strainer.
- Place the shredded meat back in the crock pot, or in a covered dish; drizzle with 2-3 tbsp of the broth to keep it moist.
- Heat the saucepan to medium, and add the soy sauce, Worcestershire, and 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Whisk until boiling, then keep it on low until ready to serve the sandwiches.
- To assemble the sandwiches, open a sub roll and load it with the shredded beef, then top it with cheese.
- Place the sandwiches on foil, and put them under the broiler for about 3 minutes until the cheese is melted, and the bread is golden.
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve with hot Au Jus sauce.
- WATCH ME MAKE THESE ON YOUTUBE AT DASH OF AMY!