Author Notes: When I first made Anna’s crostata recipe, I found that the crust was way too sweet for me. So I cut the amount in half. Feel free to use the full one cup of sugar if you desire. I was also too lazy to make the lattice top and was inclined to leave them off. But Anna said, “(Make) small spots because it is nice when you eat it.” So I used a cookie cutter to cut out flower shapes instead. —Pat Tanumihardja
Makes: 1 10-inch pie
Prep time: 1 hrs
Cook time: 30 min
teaspoon baking powder
tablespoons butter, melted
cup fruit jam of your choice
- Mix together the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and baking powder gradually, followed by the butter, to make a soft dough. Shape the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Butter a 10-inch tart pan.
- Roll out the cold dough into a circle. Gently press the dough into the pan. Trim the edges. Gather the scraps into a ball and roll out into a sheet about 3/4-inch (SHOULD BE 1/4”) thick. Cut out shapes—any ones you like.
- Spread the jam over the crust in a thin, even layer. Arrange the shapes on top and bake the tart until the crust is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!