If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rich and creamy Homemade Vegan Creamed Corn recipe. Plant-based, vegan, low-fat, and ready in as little 20 minutes. Don't let the fact there is no butter, cream or sugar make you think less of this recipe. Super simple to make and absolutely delicious. —Shane Martin
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
ounces bag frozen sweet corn
cups unsweetened almond milk
medium onion, chopped
tablespoons maple syrup
tablespoons ground flax seed
tablespoon minced garlic
salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and sautee onion and garlic until the onions are soft. Add a couple of tablespoons of water to pan to prevent sticking if needed.
- Reduce heat to medium, add corn and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the almond milk, remaining seasonings and stir gently to combine. Let cook for 5-6 minutes after stirring.
- Depending on how thick you want it, transfer 1/3 to 1/2 of the corn mixture in the skillet to your food processor or blender and blend until fairly smooth. Pour this mixture back into the skillet with the whole corn kernels and heat for a few minutes
- Remove from heat and serve.