Author Notes: Now this is a beach ball in a bowl. Equally tart and sweet, the intense taste of strawberry evokes a primal response to the warmest of seasons. Summer's here!
A nod to David Lebovitz for the inclusion of corn syrup. It is necessary to prevent your sorbet from becoming a big, strawberry ice cube. —Jim Kennedy
Makes: 1 quart
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 2 hrs
pounds fresh strawberries
tablespoons lemon juice
tablespoon light corn syrup
- Hull strawberries, cut in half.
- Place in bowl of food processor. Add sugar, lemon juice, corn syrup, and salt. Blend for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Run through a mesh filter to remove any remaining seeds or pulp.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Using ice cream maker, process for 20 minutes.
- Freeze for at least 12 hours.
- Serve with a sprig of mint. Equally good scooped into a flute of Prosecco.