If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Now this is a beach ball in a bowl. Equally tart and sweet, the intense taste of strawberry evokes a primal response to the warmest of seasons. Summer's here!
A nod to David Lebovitz for the inclusion of corn syrup. It is necessary to prevent your sorbet from becoming a big, strawberry ice cube. —Jim Kennedy
Makes: 1 quart
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 2 hrs
pounds fresh strawberries
tablespoons lemon juice
tablespoon light corn syrup
- Hull strawberries, cut in half.
- Place in bowl of food processor. Add sugar, lemon juice, corn syrup, and salt. Blend for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Run through a mesh filter to remove any remaining seeds or pulp.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Using ice cream maker, process for 20 minutes.
- Freeze for at least 12 hours.
- Serve with a sprig of mint. Equally good scooped into a flute of Prosecco.