If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This fluffy bread makes for an awesome breakfast. It is super easy to make and very healthy. —Melissa Huang
Makes: 1 loaf
Prep time: 2 hrs
Cook time: 1 hrs
cup lukewarm water
tablespoon instant yeast
tablespoons neutral oil
tablespoons granulated sugar
teaspoon ground cinnamon
cups bread flour
cup whole wheat flour
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or just a large bowl, combine the lukewarm water and instant yeast. Allow to proof.
- Then add in the rest of the ingredients: applesauce, oil, sugar, cinnamon, bread flour, and whole wheat flour.
- Mix on medium speed or knead by hand until an elastic dough is formed. It should not stick to your finger or be stiff like play dough.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and allow to rest in a warm place until doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Then, dump the dough onto a baking sheet or pan of choice. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees while you let the dough rise for another 15 minutes.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out completely clean. When you tap the top, it should sound hollow.
- Allow to cool before you cut into it. Warm bread is actually really good 🙂