Author Notes: This fluffy bread makes for an awesome breakfast. It is super easy to make and very healthy. —Melissa Huang
Makes: 1 loaf
Prep time: 2 hrs
Cook time: 1 hrs
cup lukewarm water
tablespoon instant yeast
tablespoons neutral oil
tablespoons granulated sugar
teaspoon ground cinnamon
cups bread flour
cup whole wheat flour
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or just a large bowl, combine the lukewarm water and instant yeast. Allow to proof.
- Then add in the rest of the ingredients: applesauce, oil, sugar, cinnamon, bread flour, and whole wheat flour.
- Mix on medium speed or knead by hand until an elastic dough is formed. It should not stick to your finger or be stiff like play dough.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and allow to rest in a warm place until doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- Then, dump the dough onto a baking sheet or pan of choice. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees while you let the dough rise for another 15 minutes.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out completely clean. When you tap the top, it should sound hollow.
- Allow to cool before you cut into it. Warm bread is actually really good 🙂
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe With Apples